Paulo Franke

02 janeiro, 2023

Brazil - nov-dec 2022 - photos


50 photos of more than 150


Travelling Air France
Helsinki - Paris - São Paulo


Brazil at night... 14 flying hours


Relatives waiting me at the airport in my home State, Rio Grande do Sul.


Arriving in Pelotas, my hometown, at night


The house of my family - not anymore - remains beautiful.


Guest of my niece who has some pets she loves!


An encounter in a  fine restaurant with relatives and some friends


... now in Rio Grande city, where I worked (my two daughters ere born there)




Visiting Joinville, a city with many German descendents.


I worked over there twice, at the SA Corps...


... and when it was a Boy's Home.


Encounter with friends and some "boys" from that time!



4 stars hotel in Foz do Iguacú


the hall with Christmas decoration



Visiting Iguacú Falls...


...with my good friends, he a Jew that I first met in Finland.



This big poster at the hotel reminded me what Eleanor Roosevelt said when she saw Iguacú Falls: "Poor Niagara!"



A mug, my souvenir!


Now, the moment I was expecting for:


taking a helicopter to see the falls. 





My first helicopter experience was in Hollywood-CA


Simply wonderful, fantastic landscapes!


And now, visit to the capital Brasilia-DF, where I worked
in 1971/72.


The modern Brasilia Corps... the name ES in iron that I put in 1972 is still there.


My testimony at the Sunday meeting.


My collegues and good friends majors Nelson and Rute Wakai.


... and their son, my good young friend Shinpey.


The Corps officers Nelson and Rute with my friends Milfont, Aldenia, Denise and Caye, now artists, but in my time attended Brasilia Corps as children.


At Embassies Section... Brazil has the largest Japanese community outside Japan.



Finland Embassy

_______

Where my son lives in São Paulo State



His house



Their large living room... and their two pets.




With my son



Parents with my grandson at his graduation.


Grandfather and grandson Frankes


My grandaughter and "Nina".


The visit of two Baptist pastors.


Good moments at the swimming pool


An alameda in the city.

_______________

The Centenary Congress of the Salvation Army in Brazil


... led by Canadian General Brian Peddle and his wife. 


participants


officers


vibrant praises


brass band


My global shirt... by the way, the Salvation Army operates in 133 countries at the moment.



View of São Paulo from the National Headquarters.



Returning Finland by Air France... 
São Paulo - Paris - Helsinki

______________________________

3 Comments:

Postar um comentário

<< Home